A Whiskey Sour is a classic cocktail that achieves a perfect harmony of whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
At Alaska Wild Harvest, we put a unique spin on tradition by swapping simple syrup for our birch syrup. This infusion introduces a distinctive birch essence, offering a fresh take on the classic whiskey sour experience.
Birch Syrup Selection: Crafting Your Cocktail’s Flavor Profile
Some people enjoy a sweeter whiskey sour, while others prefer a more tart or balanced profile.
- Use our Birch Breakfast Syrup, which has a milder and sweeter taste, if you like a slightly sweeter whiskey sour.
- On the other hand, if you enjoy a more citrus-forward and less sweet profile, our Pure Birch Syrup will be a good option.
- If you want a bolder birch flavor that stands out, we recommend using our RESERVE Birch Syrup.
Birched Whiskey Sour Ingredients
Change up your cocktail’s flavor profile with our different birch syrup options.
Birched Whiskey Sour
- 2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1.5 tsp Birch Syrup
- 1.5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Ice cubes
- Orange Twist (for garnish)
*Not sure which of our birch syrups to use? Let us help you craft the perfect cocktail flavor profile.
- In a shaker, combine the bourbon or rye whiskey, birch syrup, fresh lemon juice, and one egg white.
EXPERT TIP: Don’t have a shaker? No problem. Use a mason jar or water bottle.
- Dry shake (shake without ice) the mixture vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to froth up the egg white.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again for another 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled glass or over ice.
- Release the oil from the orange peel by giving it a twist over the drink. Optionally, just add an orange slice.